While the devastation caused by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma continues to unfold, we at AACS are closely watching the developments during the aftermath, and we are committed to supporting our members who were affected by the storms.
If you or someone you know is in need of assistance, please use this list of resources to help one another rebuild our communities.
Federal Disaster Assistance
- Find out if you’re eligible and apply online for Federal Disaster Loans for Businesses through the US Small Business Administration.
- FEMA Individuals and Households Program (pdf) – Financial help or direct services for housing assistance and other needs.
- Unified Hazard Mitigation Assistance Grant Programs (pdf) – Information on grants to assist with rebuilding.
- Find an open shelter near you by texting SHELTER and your zip code to 4FEMA (43362) or use the FEMA mobile app.
FSA has updated the StudentAid.gov/naturaldisaster page with general information for students who have been impacted by a federally declared natural disaster. We also have made schools aware of other resources that currently are available:
- General disaster assistance guidance for institutions with contacts for additional information.
- Dear Colleague Letter with information regarding the impact of a major disaster on the administration of the Title IV student assistance programs.
- Disaster Registration Form for schools to update the status of their campus and any adverse impacts experienced by a disaster.
- Hurricane Help web portal for further resources.
- Download the FEMA app for iPhone, with emergency information by county and weather updates, here.
- Review Severe Weather safety tips here.
- FEMA Resources on Hurricane Harvey
- Individuals who sustained property damage within the State of Texas may call 800-621-3362 or visit disasterassistance.gov to see if they qualify for financial assistance through FEMA.
- Texas Department of Public Safety on Post-Hurricane Recovery
- To get help filing a personal insurance claim, call the Texas Department of Insurance’s Consumer Help Line: 800-252-3439.
- For road closures across Texas, click here.
- FEMA Resources on Hurricane Irma
- Individuals who sustained property damage within the State of Florida may call 800-621-3362 or visit disasterassistance.gov to see if they qualify for financial assistance through FEMA.
- Florida Office of Insurance Regulation Hurrican Season Resources
- To get help filing a personal insurance claim, call the Florida CFO Insurance Help Line: 877-693-5236.
- For a list of open shelters in Florida, click here. For a map version of this list, click here.
- For real-time traffic conditions and road closures, click here.
If you are in need of assistance, contact us directly: