As Hurricane Florence approaches the southeastern United States, we at AACS are closely watching the developments and we are committed to supporting our members who were affected by the storm.
If you or someone you know is in need of assistance, please use this list of resources to help one another rebuild our communities.
Federal Disaster Assistance
- Find out if you’re eligible and apply online for Federal Disaster Loans for Businesses through the US Small Business Administration.
- Find an open shelter near you by texting SHELTER and your zip code to 4FEMA (43362) or use the FEMA mobile app.
FSA has updated the StudentAid.gov/naturaldisaster page with general information for students who have been impacted by a federally declared natural disaster. We also have made schools aware of other resources that currently are available:
- General disaster assistance guidance for institutions with contacts for additional information.
- Dear Colleague Letter with information regarding the impact of a major disaster on the administration of the Title IV student assistance programs.
- Disaster Registration Form for schools to update the status of their campus and any adverse impacts experienced by a disaster.
- Hurricane Help web portal for further resources.
If you are in need of assistance, contact us directly: