12-Hour Methodology Training
November 16 & 17
In conjunction with the AACS Annual Convention & Expo, November 14-17, we’ll have educator training on Sunday & Monday of the event! For $149, educators will earn 12 hours of methodology education taught by CEA Chair Carol Woodard.
Breakfast and lunch will be served each day and Sunday includes time for educators to join AACS Annual attendees in the Expo Hall to visit vendor booths.
Discount Hotel Rate: $195/night – Book by October 22nd
Roaring ’20s Party (GRC Event)
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 16
8:00 am – 9:00 am
- Breakfast sponsored by Pivot Point International
9:15 am – 11:45 pm
- Out With the Old & In With the New. If you’re not embracing 21st century teaching, you’re losing this generation of students. Find out how using cell phones in the classroom, visual presentation styles and changing up your lesson formats will make your classes relevant and exciting. Learn how to adapt to your students without expecting them to give up their comfort zones. Let’s celebrate the power of educators while serving up change in the classroom.
12:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- Lunch hosted by Milady with Expo Hall
2:30 pm – 5:30 pm
- It’s Not the Content—It’s Your Delivery! If you’re suffering from low attendance, poor participation and unenthusiastic students, it’s time to reevaluate your delivery. Whether you’re teaching exciting lessons or “boring” chapters—learn how to engage and motivate your class. It’s time we quit blaming the textbook and start taking responsibility for the way we deliver the material.
7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- GRC Roaring ’20 Party (optional)
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 17
8:00 am – 9:30 am
- Breakfast sponsored by Shark Fin Shears with Paul DiGrigoli
9:30 am – 11:30 am
- The Melting Pot Classroom: Learner Styles. Your class contains three types of learners: visual, auditory and kinesthetic. Unfortunately, educators will often teach to their preferred learning style, hindering other learners from succeeding. Find out ways to adapt your lesson plans to meet the needs of all your students, with helpful tips to address learner styles you might not understand as well.
11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- The Melting Pot Classroom: Ages and Backgrounds. Every year we teach a new set of eager students from all walks of life. You’ll find some fresh out of high school, educated graduates from 4-year universities, grandparents, international students and some that don’t quite have their goals clearly laid out. Discover ways to restructure your delivery to meet the needs of all your students and why understanding trends and patterns from various age groups is important to your teaching methods.
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- Working Lunch, Educator Fishbowl Style! We know you came to learn, but we also know you have some great methods that work for you in the classroom. This hour will be full of peer-to-peer learning as attendees share some tips that have worked for them in the classroom. Get ready to jump inside the fishbowl and teach us something new!
2:30 pm – 4:00 pm
- High Impact Learning: Be a Winning Coach. All successful teams have a winning coach. It’s time to take your already successful teaching techniques to the next level! Discover coaching methods for educators, how to celebrate the success of your student, and most importantly, how to prepare them for the real world. Start making a difference in the lives of your students and find out what it takes for your team to have a winning coach.
- Certificate Distribution. Walk away with a certificate in your hand! You’ll earn a 12-hour certificate of competition from this 2-day training event.